Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 September 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 after midnight and to southeast 50 to 60 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 early Sunday afternoon and to southwest 20 to 30 late Sunday afternoon.
Rain overnight and Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 September 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 September 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over eastern Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PDT 26 September 2020 An intense Pacific frontal system will approach the offshore waters
from the west this evening and reach the North Coast early Sunday
morning. Southeast gale to storm force winds will develop ahead of
this system over the offshore waters this evening, northern waters
overnight and over the central waters Sunday morning. In the wake of
the system, winds will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies
except storm force over Northern Bowie.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: