Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 September 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 late this morning then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 45 to 55 late this evening then diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 after midnight. Wind diminishing to south 20 to 30 Wednesday morning then becoming south 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain beginning this afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms late Wednesday afternoon changing to showers Wednesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 September 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 September 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 11:30 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying frontal system located on
a line northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 22 September 2020 A Pacific frontal system over Bowie will slowly move to Haida
Gwaii tonight. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to gale force
southeasterly over the northern waters this morning and the central
waters Tuesday afternoon.
As the system approaches Haida Gwaii and intensifies, winds will rise
to storm force southeasterlies over most northern and central waters
late today. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southerly over
Bowie this evening in the wake of the system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: