Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 15 September 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 20 knots early Thursday morning and to southeast 20 to 30 late Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late Thursday afternoon and to southeast 40 to 50 Thursday evening.
Rain Thursday afternoon and evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 15 September 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 15 September 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Victoria.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of the
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PDT 15 September 2021 An approaching Pacific frontal system west of the offshore waters
will move across Bowie Thursday afternoon and then across the
northern and central waters Thursday night.
Gale force southeast winds will spread to Bowie and Northern Explorer
early Thursday and then to northern and central waters and Southern
Explorer Thursday afternoon. Wind will reach storm force southeast
over northern waters just ahead of the front. Winds will ease to
strong southwest in the wake of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: