Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 24 September 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming northeast 25 to 35 this evening then diminishing to easterly 15 to 25 Monday morning.
Showers overnight and Monday. Risk of thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 24 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 24 September 2023 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located over Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low 965 mb located off Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Monday low 972 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PDT 24 September 2023 An intensifying frontal system will approach Vancouver Island
tonight, spreading storm to local hurricane force southeasterly winds
across southern and central waters. Significant wave height of 10
metres is expected for the northwestern half of Explorer tonight into
Another intense low will move from Explorer to Bowie on Monday
maintaining gale to storm force southeast winds across much of the
marine regions. Local hurricane force southeast winds are expected
near the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island North Monday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: