Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 08 December 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light except northeasterly outflow 25 knots near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 this evening then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Monday morning and to southeast 35 to 40 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 08 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 8 December 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 10:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PST 8 December 2019 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late this
afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will develop over the offshore
waters tonight then spread to the northern and central coastal waters
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: