Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 09 July 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 near noon Friday then becoming southeast 20 to 30 early Friday evening.
Rain beginning near midnight changing to showers Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 09 July 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 9 July 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying frontal system located off
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Victoria.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 9 July 2020 An approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
Waters Friday morning and Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. The front
will weaken Friday evening and lie in a northeast to southwest
Line over Cape Scott by early Saturday morning then dissipate while
moving across Vancouver Island on Saturday.
Ahead of the front, southerly gales will develop over central waters
up to Dixon Entrance East Friday morning and gradually ease in the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: