Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 18 December 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots becoming west 20 to 30 this evening then diminishing to west 15 early Wednesday morning. Wind backing to south 15 near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 December 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 December 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over western Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating trough located over Vancouver
By midnight PST Wednesday approaching low located southwest of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 5:01 PM PST 18 December 2018 A low over the Southern Alaskan Panhandle is producing westerly gale
force winds over northern waters this evening. Winds will ease to
strong west or southwest after midnight.
A trough associated with this low is moving across Explorer tonight.
Winds will increase to westerly gale force across Explorer and west
coast Vancouver Island this evening. Winds will ease to light to
moderate by Wednesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: