Dixon Entrance East
Issued 07:25 PM PST 22 November 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots except northeast 15 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming west 5 to 15 after midnight then increasing to south 15 to 25 late Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 7:25 PM PST 22 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 November 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By midnight PST tonight weakening frontal system located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system extending from the Central Coast to Explorer will
gradually weaken tonight. Southerly gales over central waters and
west of Vancouver Island will diminish overnight.
Another approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over the offshore waters Thursday evening then spread to
central and northern waters overnight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: