Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 10 December 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 50 to 60 knots diminishing to westerly 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind westerly 25 to 35 Tuesday.
Rain changing to periods of rain early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 10 December 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from the North
Coast to Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday departing trough located near Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 10 December 2018 A vigorous frontal system currently lies along the North Coast to
south to Cape Scott to Explorer. The front will progress toward the
South Coast tonight then depart into the BC Interior by Tuesday
Storm force southerly winds over the northern and central waters
Will Progress to the South Coast tonight and continue Tuesday
morning. Winds will shift to widespread strong to gale force
westerlies after the passage of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: