Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 26 February 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 near noon then diminishing to south 20 to 30 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwesterly 30 to 40 overnight. Wind southwesterly 30 to 40 Thursday.
Periods of rain ending near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 26 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 26 February 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over southern
At 10:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
At 1:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 26 February 2020 A low pressure area remains nearly stationary in the Gulf of Alaska
while a steady stream of frontal systems continue to rotate through
the northern waters.
Winds over the northern waters will continue to fluctuate from strong
to gale southwesterlies as the disturbances move through the regions.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: