Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 27 September 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 to 55 knots diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 early this afternoon and to southwest 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 after midnight then backing to southeast 10 to 20 Monday morning. Wind backing to northeasterly 10 to 20 Monday evening.
Rain ending this evening. Showers Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 27 September 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 September 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
central Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Monday ridge located over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Monday departing frontal system located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PDT 27 September 2020 An intense Pacific frontal system is currently moving through Haida
Gwaii and will hit the North Coast imminently. Southeast gale to
storm force winds have developed ahead of this system. In the wake of
the system, winds will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies
except storm force over Northern Bowie.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: