Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 November 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 early this afternoon and to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain changing to showers late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 20 November 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 November 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over southern
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday low located over northern Vancouver
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday building ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 20 November 2018 A front stretching from Hecate Strait to Southern Explorer will
gradually re-orient its stalled position and lie from the Central
Coast to Southern Explorer by this afternoon. Strong to gale
Force southeasterlies will continue to be generated along the front.
The stalled front will reintensify tonight as a low approaches
Vancouver Island from the south. The low will combine with the
stalled front and this combined system will move eastwards into the
inner South Coast Wednesday afternoon and into the BC Interior by
Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will
Continue to be generated along the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: