Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 13 December 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 this evening then increasing to north 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 13 December 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 13 December 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low 996 mb located over the
northern Alaska panhandle.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 992 mb located 200 miles
southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 984 mb located over central Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM PST 13 December 2018 A Pacific warm front across Central Vancouver Island this evening
will move northward to lie over Cape Scott overnight. Meanwhile,
An intense Pacific low approaching from the southwest will deepen to
984 millibars as it reaches Explorer late tonight. The low will then
cross Vancouver Island late Friday afternoon.
Over northern and central waters, moderate to strong northerly
Winds will rise to strong to gale force tonight and will ease to
light to moderate westerly Friday evening. Over southern waters,
Gale force southeast winds will prevail as the low approaches
Tonight with storm force southeasterlies forecast off the west coast
of Vancouver Island overnight. Winds will shift to westerly gales in
the wake of the low late Friday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: