Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 03 August 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this morning then diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 35 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 03 August 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 3 August 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 3 August 2021 A ridge of high pressure over Northern Vancouver Island and strong
daytime heating over the BC Interior are producing strong to gale
force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait every day in the late
afternoon and evening. Winds then ease to moderate to strong by early
A stalled front over Haida Gwaii will produce strong to gale force
southerly winds over the northern waters today and Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: