Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 December 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 45 to 55 early Monday morning then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 Monday afternoon. Wind backing to south 45 Monday evening.
Rain overnight and Monday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 03 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 3 December 2023 Tonight and Monday At midnight PST tonight frontal system located west of the offshore
By 2:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PST 3 December 2023 A frontal system will approach offshore waters near midnight tonight
and then move eastward to lie through Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound
on Monday afternoon. Winds will rise to gale to storm force southeast
ahead of the front and then shift to gale force southwest in the wake
of the system.
Over northern waters, southwesterly storm force winds may briefly
surface late Monday afternoon and early evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: