Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 12 December 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots becoming southwesterly 35 to 45 this afternoon then diminishing to southwesterly 25 to 35 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 Thursday afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 to 25 Thursday evening.
Rain. Risk of thunderstorms today and tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 12 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 12 December 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Vancouver
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 970 mb located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday low 976 mb located near the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PST 12 December 2018 A frontal system over Bowie will move southeastward to the Central
Coast late this afternoon then to the Vancouver Island this evening.
Gale to storm force southerly winds over the offshore waters will
spread to the central and northern coastal waters this afternoon
Then to the southern waters this evening.
A low pressure system over Northwest Bowie will move northeastward
To the Alaska Panhandle Thursday morning. Gale to storm force
westerly winds will prevail over most northern and central waters
tonight and Thursday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: