Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 23 November 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this evening and to southeast 35 to 45 after midnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind south 20 to 30 Friday.
Rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 23 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 23 November 2017 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over western Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating trough located over the
southern Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary frontal system located
over central Vancouver Island.
At 7:00 a.m. PST Friday low located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 23 November 2017 An approaching front will move across the northern offshore waters
tonight and then weaken as it stalls over Central Vancouver Island
On Friday afternoon. In advance of the front, southerly gales over
Bowie will spread to northern and central waters tonight and to some
southern waters on Friday.
Meanwhile a low will track just north of Bowie on Friday. As it
approaches southwest gales to 45 knots will develop over the
Northern offshore waters Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: