Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 18 February 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 Wednesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 18 February 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday departing cold front located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Wednesday building ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PST 18 February 2020 A cold front over Bowie will continue its eastward track tonight.
Ahead of the front, gale force southerlies over Bowie will spread to
northern and central waters this evening. Marginal storm force winds
can be expected over Northern Bowie early this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: