Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 September 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots becoming southeast 35 to 45 near midnight then diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind diminishing to south 15 to 25 Friday morning then becoming south 10 to 20 early Friday afternoon. Wind becoming northwesterly 5 to 15 Friday evening.
Rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 September 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 September 2021 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT Friday weakening frontal system located from
the North Coast to Queen Charlotte Sound then to Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM PDT 23 September 2021 A frontal system is currently over Haida Gwaii. Ahead of the
Front, southerly gales prevail over the northern waters. Local
Storm force southeasterlies are expected this evening over Northern
Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will prevail behind the front then ease to moderate
The frontal system will remain quasi-stationary over the northern
waters tonight then move slowly eastward across Southern Hecate on
Friday. Southerly gales ahead of the front will ease to strong on
Friday morning. Winds will become moderate to strong westerly behind
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: