Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 14 December 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots veering to southeast 20 early Sunday morning then increasing to southeast 35 to 40 Sunday evening.
Showers Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 14 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 14 December 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday warm front from low located on a line
northwest-southeast over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:12 AM PST 14 December 2019 A frontal system over the offshore waters will gradually approach the
North Coast. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to gale
Force southeasterly over the northern and central waters on Sunday.
Gale force southeasterlies will reach waters near Northern Vancouver
Island late Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: