Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 01 June 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots increasing to southeast 40 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind westerly 10 to 15 Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 01 June 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 1 June 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
central Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Washington State.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PDT 1 June 2020 A ridge of high pressure over Vancouver Island will give way to an
approaching frontal system today. The front currently over Bowie will
move across the northern waters tonight and reach Northern Vancouver
Island Tuesday morning.
Gale force south or southeasterlies ahead of the front will shift to
moderate to strong westerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: