Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 10 to 20 knots backing to southeast 20 to 25 late this afternoon then to northeast 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Showers ending near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located from the
Central Coast to Explorer.
By 10:00 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 6:56 AM PST 20 January 2020 A frontal system on a line from the Central Coast to Explorer will
slowly move eastward and dissipate over Central Vancouver Island
later this morning. Ahead of the front, strong to gale force
southeasterly winds will ease early this morning as the front
Another frontal system will approach the offshore waters this
afternoon. The system will move eastward across the offshore waters
on tonight. Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterly winds
Will develop over the offshore waters this afternoon then spread to
most coastal waters on tonight. Storm force southeasterlies are
expected tonight over West Vancouver Island North. Winds will ease
To moderate to strong southerlies Tuesday as the system moves inland.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: