Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 near noon except southeast 50 near Haida Gwaii this evening. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Rain beginning near noon changing to showers Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 22 January 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PST 22 January 2020 A frontal system will move across the offshore waters this
Morning and lie across Queen Charlotte Sound by the afternoon.
Ahead of the front, gale to local storm force southeasterlies will
develop over the offshore and central waters this morning, then
spread to northern and southern waters this afternoon. The system
will move across the North Coast tonight. Winds will ease to moderate
to strong southerlies behind it.
The trailing cold front will lie across the Central Coast Thursday
morning and move across the South Coast Thursday afternoon. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies will persist ahead of the front then ease
to moderate to strong southerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: