Issued 07:00 AM MDT 11 August 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 knots increasing to northwest 40 this morning then diminishing to northwest 30 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Friday evening.
Rain beginning this morning changing to showers this afternoon and ending near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
DeaseIssued 07:00 AM MDT 11 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 982 mb located at 71N 100W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 983 mb located at 73N 92W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: