Issued 07:00 PM MDT 25 September 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind north 25 knots backing to northwest 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 20 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 late Tuesday morning and to light Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain early this evening changing to periods of snow or rain and ending overnight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13920W to 7215N 13545W to 7200N
12800W to Banks Island near 7251N 12507W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7334N 10428W to
7325N 10252W to Prince of Wales Island near 7342N 10104W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7143N 8953W to
7130N 9115W to Nunavut near 6900N 8831W. Sea ice east of the ice
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:34 PM MDT 25 September 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday intensifying low 997 mb located at 71N 99W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 992 mb located at 70N 79W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday departing ridge located over Baffin Bay.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 67N 119W to 74N 140W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 67N 99W to 76N 123W then
to 87N 87W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: