Issued 07:00 PM MDT 30 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light early Sunday morning.
Scattered flurries ending Sunday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7203N
12726W to Banks Island near 7230N 12516W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Stefansson Island near 7329N 10429W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7329N 10137W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7152N 9000W to
7137N 9126W to Nunavut near 7022N 9144W. Sea ice east of the ice
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 30 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 990 mb low located from 67N 83W to
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening trough from 998 mb low located from
67N 80W to 74N 93W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 69N 120W to 79N 69W.
By 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 67N 105W to 71N 110W then
to 80N 70W.
By 0000 UTC Monday approaching trough from low located from 83N
140W to 80N 122W then to 73N 133W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: