Issued 07:00 AM MDT 16 October 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 16 rising to minus 9 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 October 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 9 tenths new ice including 4 tenths grey ice in
the eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 16 October 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over Baffin Bay.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 999 mb located near Eureka.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: