Issued 07:00 PM MDT 22 October 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 25 this evening then diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 early Tuesday evening.
Flurries beginning late overnight and ending Tuesday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Tuesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 October 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 8 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
CoronationIssued 7:00 PM MDT 22 October 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 22 October 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary low located over northern
At 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 80N 110W to 63N 103W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 78N 108W to 63N 93W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: