Issued 07:00 AM MDT 25 September 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots late this morning and to northwest 25 early Wednesday morning. Wind backing to west 30 Wednesday evening.
Chance of flurries with a risk of freezing drizzle changing to a few flurries Wednesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 September 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
CoronationIssued 07:00 AM MDT 25 September 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 25 September 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 70N 140W to 68N 110W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 69N 140W to 74N 98W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday approaching low 989 mb located at 80N 110W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday low 998 mb located at 70N 80W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 998 mb located over Baffin Bay.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: