Issued 07:00 PM MDT 29 October 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 late overnight then backing to west 20 near noon Friday. Wind diminishing to west 15 Friday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures near minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 October 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 4 tenths new ice along parts of the coast and in
the extreme eastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
CoronationIssued 7:00 PM MDT 29 October 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 29 October 2020 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday low 994 mb located at 69N 61W.
By 1200 UTC Saturday low 994 mb located at 76N 71W.
At 0000 UTC Friday low 1008 mb located at 68N 110W.
By 1200 UTC Friday weakening low 1008 mb located at 67N 105W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: