Issued 07:00 AM MDT 28 September 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 30 knots diminishing to north 20 near noon and to light early this evening. Wind becoming southeast 15 Thursday evening.
Scattered showers or scattered flurries becoming scattered flurries near noon and ending near noon Thursday.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 September 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7025N 13550W to
7110N 13116W to 7257N 12825W to Banks Island near 7246N 12458W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7107N 12312W to
7050N 12301W to Victoria Island 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10042W to 7018N 10024W to 7113N 10221W to 7238N 10429W to
7346N 10336W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7244N 9207W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7238N 8937W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7014N 8753W to
Nunavut 6915N 8900W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 28 September 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 996 mb located at 68N 102W.
By 0000 UTC Friday departing low 991 mb located at 67N 77W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 73N 140W to 67N 136W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge located from 76N 140W to 67N 107W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: