Issued 07:00 AM MDT 29 October 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 20 knots veering to northwest 25 early this evening then diminishing to north 15 near midnight. Wind backing to west 20 near noon Friday then veering to northwest 15 Friday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Flurries this morning and late this afternoon and this evening changing to snow near midnight. Flurries overnight changing to snow Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 October 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 4 tenths new ice along parts of the coast and in
the extreme eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 29 October 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary trough located from 72N 85W
to 64N 78W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over eastern Davis Strait.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: