Issued 07:00 AM MDT 23 October 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 near midnight then increasing to southeast 20 near noon Wednesday.
Flurries ending this afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray ending this evening.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 October 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
2 tenths new ice except 9 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice
along the coast and in the extreme northeastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
CoronationIssued 07:00 AM MDT 23 October 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 23 October 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday quasi-stationary low located over northern
At 0000 UTC Wednesday building ridge located east of Victoria
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: