Issued 05:30 PM EDT 21 August 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 20 knots increasing to north 30 early Wednesday morning then diminishing to north 20 Wednesday evening.
Chance of flurries changing to a few flurries early Wednesday morning with risk of freezing drizzle.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6400N 6440W to
6320N 6005W to 6335N 5755W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from near 7035N 6115W to 7040N 6850W near
the Baffin Island. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7215N 7500W to
7240N 7210W to 7440N 7245W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 21 August 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from 996 mb low located from 70N 122W
to 68N 97W then to 64N 085W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 993 mb located at 65N 84W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday building ridge.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1029 mb high located over 76N 147W
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: