Issued 05:30 AM EDT 11 August 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 10 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 6131N 6331W to 6325N 6027W to 6539N
5742W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7344N 6835W to Baffin Island near
7232N 7526W. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7344N 8156W to
Devon Island near 7429N 8140W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7435N 8027W to
7459N 7307W then eastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 982 mb located at 71N 100W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 983 mb located at 73N 92W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: