Issued 05:30 PM EDT 30 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light tonight and Sunday.
Scattered flurries ending near noon Sunday.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7410N 11708W to
7342N 11346W to Stefansson Island near 7341N 10626W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7354N 9950W to 7418N 9714W Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9600W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7426N 8656W to
7356N 8006W to 7514N 7505W to 7513N 7321W then eastwards. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 30 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 990 mb low located from 67N 83W to
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening trough from 998 mb low located from
67N 80W to 74N 93W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 69N 120W to 79N 69W.
By 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 67N 105W to 71N 110W then
to 80N 70W.
By 0000 UTC Monday approaching trough from low located from 83N
140W to 80N 122W then to 73N 133W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: