Issued 05:30 PM EDT 20 August 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to north 15 knots late Tuesday morning and to north 20 Tuesday evening.
Chance of flurries.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 August 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6400N 6440W to
6320N 6005W to 6335N 5755W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7040N 6850W to
7035N 6115W then southeastward. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7215N 7500W to
7240N 7210W to 7440N 7245W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 20 August 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday trough from 992 mb low located from 79N 126W
to 75N 100W then to 66N 71W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 997 mb located at 71N 85W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday building ridge.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge from 1029 mb high located over 78N
161W extending .
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: