Issued 05:30 PM EDT 03 October 2023
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7323N 11433W to
7405N 11303W to Victoria Island near 7321N 10802W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7350N 10038W to 7440N 10012W to Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9600W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7534N 9534W to
Devon Island near 7614N 9517W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7430N 8832W to
7418N 8805W to 7412N 8004W to 7532N 7544W to 7619N 7435W then
eastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 3 October 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday trough located from 69N 120W to 78N 111W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough located from 67N 110W to 79N 112W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 79N 78W to 71N 67W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 72N 92W to 77N 63W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: