Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 January 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots diminishing to northeast 25 early this morning then backing to northwest 20 early this afternoon except west 30 to 40 over southern sections. Wind becoming southwest 25 this evening. Wind southwest 15 to 25 Sunday.
Rain changing to showers overnight and Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 05:32 AM PST 19 January 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 January 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 972 mb located over northern Queen
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low 992 mb located over the
southern Alaska panhandle.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday low 1005 mb located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 19 January 2019 An intense low currently over Queen Charlotte Sound will
Move into Hecate Strait this morning while beginning to weaken.
Storm to hurricane force southeasterlies over the northern waters
will ease to gale force this morning. Behind the low, storm to
hurricane force south or southwesterlies will ease to gale to storm
force southwesterlies over the northern and central waters this
afternoon and to strong to gale force southwesterlies this
Evening as the low dissipates over the Alaska Panhandle. In
Addition, southwest gales southwest of Vancouver Island will ease
To strong this morning. Winds will ease to below gale force over all
Seas near 10 metres over Explorer, Northwestern Vancouver island
And the central waters will subside this afternoon as the low
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: