Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 09 December 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 10 to 20 knots becoming north 15 to 25 near midnight then increasing to north 35 late overnight. Wind north 35 Saturday.
Scattered showers ending Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 11:16 PM PST 09 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 9 December 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 979 mb located over western Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday low located south of Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 9 December 2022 A low has stalled over Explorer. The low will drift southwards,
exiting the region late on Saturday. A ridge well west of the
offshore waters will gradually approach the region through the
In between the low and Vancouver Island, storm force southeasterlies
will diminish to gale force late this evening and to moderate to
strong after midnight.
For inner south-coast waters, gale force southeasterlies will
continue through the night, and are expected to ease through the
morning on Saturday. Storm force gusts are possible for the eastern
entrance of Juan de Fuca Strait this evening.
Gale force northerly winds will follow the departure of the low over
most outer coastal waters. Expect strong outflow winds to develop
near north and Central Coast inlets tonight. These winds will likely
strengthen through the weekend.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: