Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 25 September 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 late overnight then diminishing to variable 10 early Sunday evening except northeast 25 to 35 over northern sections.
Showers beginning near midnight changing to rain Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 September 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to Cape Scott then to Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over southern
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1002 mb located over Explorer.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low 995 mb located over eastern Queen
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday low 980 mb located northwest of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM PDT 25 September 2021 A frontal system from Hecate Strait to just north of Vancouver
Island to Southeastern Explorer will join with an approaching
stronger frontal system. Gale force southeasterly winds are expected
along the Central Coast, over portions of Queen Charlotte Sound, and
off the west coast of Northern Vancouver Island tonight.
A large low pressure system will approach the British Columbia waters
on Sunday morning. Winds will rise to gale force southerlies for
almost the entire region by the end of Sunday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: