Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 19 February 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 early Wednesday morning and to northwest 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers ending early Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 February 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Mainland Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over BC interior.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching ridge located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 19 February 2019 A trough of low pressure stretching across the mainland coast will
remain nearly stationary tonight and Wednesday. The trough in
combination with a broad ridge of high pressure in the Eastern
Pacific will continue to generate northwesterly gales across the
outer waters tonight. The ridge will approach the northern waters on
Wednesday resulting in winds easing to moderate to strong
northerlies. The ridge with these lighter winds will progress towards
the central waters late Wednesday and then to the southern waters by
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: