Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 17 January 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early this morning and to east 45 to 55 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to east 35 to 45 Saturday morning then becoming southwest 35 to 40 Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning near noon changing to showers near midnight.
Temperatures minus 1 rising to plus 7 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 17 January 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 17 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PST 17 January 2020 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior this week. Gale to storm force northeasterly
outflow winds will prevail through all coastal inlets. Moderate to
severe freezing spray will continue near the central and northern
An intense frontal system will cross offshore waters today. Gale to
storm force southeasterlies are expected to develop ahead of the
system and will affect all marine regions tonight. Hurricane force
southeasterlies are possible over the northern sections of west coast
Vancouver Island tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: