Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 21 November 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots except southeast 25 to 35 over eastern sections. Wind becoming westerly 15 to 25 near noon then increasing to south 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind south 30 to 40 Friday.
Rain ending this morning. Periods of rain tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 21 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 21 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1000 mb located over southwestern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing low 1002 mb located over Prince
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PST 20 November 2019 A cold front offshore will move across Bowie tonight then across the
North and Central Coasts on Thursday. Southeast gales over Bowie will
spread to central and northern waters overnight. Winds will shift to
strong to gale force westerlies in the wake of the front.
Southerly gales are forecast to develop again over northern waters
Thursday night as another Pacific front approaches the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: