Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 September 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 early this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 near noon Saturday then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Vancouver Island.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located over the Lower
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located from the
Central Coast to Explorer.
At 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located from Queen Charlotte
Sound to Explorer.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening trough located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 22 September 2023 A cold front over Hecate Strait will move eastward and weaken as it
progresses into central waters this afternoon. Strong southerly
Winds ahead of the front will ease to moderate to strong westerlies
As the front dissipate this evening, a trough will form from Central
Coast to Explorer. The trough will continue to develop to a low over
Southeastern Explorer overnight. The low centre is expected to cross
Vancouver Island Saturday near noon. Gale force winds are expected to
develop near the low Saturday morning then becoming strong southerly
wind over the Strait of Georgia as the low crosses the island and
A deep low pressure system is expected to spread gale to storm force
winds across the BC waters Sunday through Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: