Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 17 September 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to north 15 to 25 this afternoon then becoming west 15 early Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 September 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 September 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over southern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over northwestern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing low located over southeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 17 September 2019 A frontal system over Southern Vancouver Island will move
southeastward to the Lower Mainland this afternoon. Southeast
Gales over the inner south coastal waters will ease early
The associated low centre over Northwestern Explorer will move
southeastward to Southeastern Explorer this afternoon. Gales
Around the low over northern and central offshore waters will
Weaken this afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: