Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 12 December 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots increasing to southwest 35 early this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 25 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon then backing to south 5 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers ending near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 12 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 12 December 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday departing low located northwest of Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday building ridge located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:03 AM PST 12 December 2019 A low pressure system northwest of Bowie will give moderate to
Strong southwesterlies over most waters today. Winds will reach gale
force over Northern Bowie this afternoon. Tonight, winds will ease
As the low moves off.
On Friday, a ridge of high pressure will build over southern
Explorer causing winds to diminish further.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: