Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 October 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeasterly 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near noon Sunday. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early Sunday evening.
Scattered showers ending overnight. Periods of rain Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 October 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating frontal system located over
the Lower Mainland.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line north-south over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 16 October 2021 A strong frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday evening bringing
southeast gales to the region. These winds will increase to storm
force early Monday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: