Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 08 December 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening and to southeast 40 to 50 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 early Saturday morning then increasing to northwest 30 to 40 late Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 Saturday evening.
Rain this afternoon tonight and Saturday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 08 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 8 December 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located west
By 1:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located from
Hecate Strait to Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 8 December 2023 An approaching frontal system will bring gale to storm force
southeast winds to the offshore waters this afternoon. Winds will
rise to strong to gale force southeasterly over the northern and
central waters and west of Vancouver Island this evening as the
frontal system approaches.
On Saturday morning, winds are likely to rise to hurricane force
southeasterlies in a broad swath from Hecate Strait, through Queen
Charlotte Strait, to Northern Vancouver Island.
Gale force northwesterlies over northern waters, west of Haida Gwaii
will follow this system late Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: