Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 21 February 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 40 to 50 knots diminishing to northwest 30 to 40 Friday morning and to northerly 20 to 30 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 February 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 February 2019 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday departing frontal system located on a
line north-south over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low located 100 miles northwest of Langara.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday weakening low located near Prince Rupert.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PST 21 February 2019 A front over the central waters this evening will move to the
southern waters on Friday morning. Strong to gale force southerly
winds will be generated along the front. Winds will become gale to
storm force northwesterlies in the wake of the front.
The low pressure centre associated with the front will move
Southward through the Gulf of Alaska tonight and then approach
The North Coast late in the day on Friday. The low will weaken
considerably during its journey from the Gulf of Alaska to the North
Coast. The low will reinforce the already widespread northwest gale
winds due to the initial frontal passage for the northern and
Central waters tonight and Friday. Northern Bowie will see the
strongest of these northwest winds with storm force winds expected
tonight into Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: