Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming southeast 20 to 30 near noon except northerly 15 over western sections. Wind becoming south 25 this evening except north 25 over western sections. Wind becoming north 15 to 25 near noon Tuesday except south 15 over southeastern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 September 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over the South Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located west
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low located west of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 26 September 2022 A stationary front over Northern Bowie will gradually weaken today.
Strong to gale force southeast winds near the front will weaken to
moderate to strong by this afternoon. Generally light winds are
expected in the south today.
On Tuesday, a low pressure system will approach Explorer. Strong
southeasterlies are forecast develop over the offshore waters
Tuesday morning and reach Western Vancouver Island Tuesday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: