Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 24 November 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early this evening then becoming south 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind diminishing to south 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Showers ending early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 November 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 24 November 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over northern
By 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary frontal system located
over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low located north of Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing trough located over northern
At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 24 November 2017 A frontal system moving across Northern Vancouver Island will stall
over Central Vancouver Island this afternoon. Ahead of the front,
southeasterly gale force winds will occur over some southern waters
this morning. In the wake of the front, strong southwest winds can
Meanwhile a low will track north of Bowie today. As it approaches
southwesterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
this morning, and spread to northern waters tonight.
Another low tracking northward will move over Northwestern Explorer
late Saturday evening. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will
develop ahead of this low over southern waters Saturday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: