Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 October 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming south 15 early Thursday morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Thursday afternoon.
Rain beginning near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 October 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PDT 17 October 2018 A frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters on
Thursday. Southeast gales will develop over Bowie Thursday afternoon
and over waters near Haida Gwaii Thursday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: