Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 February 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to westerly 20 to 30 late Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 February 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Friday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Port Hardy.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 20 February 2020 A Pacific front across Dixon Entrance West and Southern Bowie this
evening will move across the North Coast overnight and then across
central waters early Friday. Over central and northern waters,
southerly gales will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies in
the wake of the front. Winds will ease later on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: