Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 16 January 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots backing to easterly 20 to 30 this afternoon then diminishing to easterly 15 near noon Thursday.
Periods of rain beginning late this afternoon and ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 16 January 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 967 mb located 680 miles southwest
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 988 mb located over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 16 January 2019 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will gradually
intensify tonight and begin to weaken Thursday afternoon. Strong to
gale force northeasterly outflow winds near the mainland inlets will
increase to gale to storm force on tonight then begin to ease
A frontal system will move into Explorer this morning. The front
Will lie from Explorer to Bowie through the rest of the day. The
front will merge and reintensify with another Pacific system
approaching Explorer from the southwest tonight. The centre of
This Pacific system will move into Southern Explorer on Thursday
afternoon. Gale force southeasterly winds over Explorer early this
morning will spread to parts of the central and southern waters
today. Southeast winds will further intensify tonight over the
offshore southern waters and continue on Thursday as the low centre
enters Southern Explorer. East to southeast gales will also develop
through Juan de Fuca tonight and then Haro Strait Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: