Bowie - northern half
Issued 07:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 to 45 knots except southeast 20 to 30 over northeastern sections. Wind becoming westerly 35 to 40 this evening then diminishing to westerly 25 near noon Wednesday. Wind veering to northwesterly 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 7:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 September 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 984 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1008 mb located south of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1002 mb located over the Washington
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PDT 26 September 2023 An intense low will move from Northern Bowie to the Alaskan Panhandle
by Wednesday morning. Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies
persist over northern waters. Meanwhile, gale force northwesterlies
shift to westerly over Bowie as the low departs.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: