Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 16 September 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to west 15 to 25 late this evening and to southerly 5 to 15 early Friday morning. Wind becoming variable 15 near noon Friday.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 16 September 2021 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing ridge located over southern
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 9:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing frontal system located from the
North Coast to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday approaching frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 16 September 2021 A Pacific front will continue to generate gale to storm force
southeast winds tonight as it moves through Haida Gwaii and Queen
The front will progress into the South Coast Friday morning. Strong
to gale force southeast winds will develop in the region as the front
sweeps across through the day.
Winds are forecast to ease to moderate to strong westerly in the wake
of the front. Westerly gales will develop late in the day on Friday
across Explorer and west coast Vancouver Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: