Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 June 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Saturday morning.
Chance of drizzle this morning. Periods of rain beginning Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 05:12 AM PDT 22 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 June 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 22 June 2018 A ridge of high pressure over Vancouver Island will continue to
produce strong to marginal gale force westerly or northwesterly
Winds through Juan de Fuca Strait and Johnstone Strait today and
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Saturday morning.
Gale force southeasterly winds will develop over Bowie on Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: