Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 August 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots veering to northwest 10 to 20 early this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind becoming southerly 10 to 20 late overnight then becoming variable 5 to 15 Saturday morning.
Chance of showers tonight and Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 August 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating low 1020 mb located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PDT 17 August 2018 A ridge of high pressure building over Bowie tonight will give a
northwesterly flow for much of the southern waters.
Marginal northwesterly gale force winds will maintain themselves off
the west coast of Vancouver Island until Saturday afternoon.
After diminishing briefly during the afternoon, winds are expected to
return to marginal gales by Saturday night.
Strong to gale force northwesterly winds are expected through
Johnstone Strait tonight. The northwesterly winds will ease early
Saturday morning and then increase to strong to gale force Saturday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: