Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 30 November 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to north 20 to 30 this evening then backing to west 20 to 30 late overnight except west 35 over western sections Thursday morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 to 30 near noon Thursday then becoming east 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Showers overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 30 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 30 November 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over northern BC interior.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday low located northwest of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday low 992 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:09 PM PST 30 November 2022 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will continue to give
gale to storm force outflow winds through the mainland inlets
tonight. The ridge will weaken on Thursday and rebuild on Friday.
Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will continue
tonight as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland inlets.
Over offshore, central and northern waters, gale to storm force
northerlies will gradually ease tonight.
Another low pressure system will track southwards across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the low, southerly gales will
develop off the west coast of Haida Gwaii Thursday afternoon and
spread to central waters in the evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: