Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 25 February 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Hurricane force wind warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 55 to 65 knots diminishing to northwest 45 to 55 early this morning and to west 35 to 45 late this morning. Wind becoming northwest 40 to 50 early this afternoon then becoming northwest 35 to 45 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 to 35 overnight then becoming northwest 20 to 30 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 25 February 2021
'Hurricane' force winds of 64 knots or above are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 25 February 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing low 991 mb located northwest of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PST 25 February 2021 A deep area of low pressure is just west of the Alaskan Panhandle
this morning. The low will quickly move inland.
Gale to storm force westerlies are occurring over northern and
central waters in the wake of the frontal passage last night. Storm
to hurricane force northwesterlies are occurring over Northern Bowie
and will hit West Haida Gwaii early this morning.
With the strong and persistent west to northwesterly flow
established, significant wave heights of 10 to 14 metres have
developed over northern offshore waters and will then spread towards
Haida Gwaii this morning. Waves will ease somewhat through the day
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: