Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 October 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 early Friday morning then backing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 October 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 October 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 990 mb located over Queen Charlotte
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing low 994 mb located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 7:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from the Central Coast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM PDT 29 October 2020 An intense low pressure system over Queen Charlotte Sound will move
inland overnight. Ahead of the low, gale to storm force
southeasterlies will veer to gale to storm force northwesterlies in
its wake. A brief period of hurricane force northwest winds can be
expected over Northern Explorer until after midnight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: