Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 March 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northerly 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind northerly 15 to 25 Tuesday.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 30 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 987 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight low 996 mb located over western Queen
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system just west of Haida Gwaii will slowly track
southwards today. The associated frontal system of the low
Currently over Lower Mainland will depart the area this morning.
Gale force southerly winds over Strait of Georgia and gale force
westerly winds of Juan de Fuca Strait will come to an end this
morning as the front departs the area.
In the wake of the front, gale force northerly winds will develop
over the offshore waters and will persist through Tuesday as the
Low pressure system tracks southward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: