Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 26 February 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 25 to 35 knots becoming southwesterly 25 early this evening then increasing to southwesterly 35 after midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 40 to 50 early Thursday morning then diminishing to west 30 to 40 Thursday afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 25 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 February 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 February 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the North
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PST 26 February 2020 A broad low will remain nearly stationary in the Gulf of Alaska
While a steady stream of frontal systems continue to rotate through
the northern waters.
Winds over the northern and central waters will continue to fluctuate
from strong to gale force southwesterlies as the disturbances move
through the regions. A stronger disturbance will give gale to storm
force southwesterlies to waters northwest of Haida Gwaii on Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: