Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 29 November 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this morning and to southeast 35 to 45 late this morning. Wind veering to southwest 35 to 45 early this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 late this evening then increasing to southwest 50 to 60 overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 35 to 45 Tuesday afternoon and to southwest 25 Tuesday evening.
Rain today and tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 09:47 AM PST 29 November 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 29 November 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Tuesday departing low located over the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 29 November 2021 Yet another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
early today and move over Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Gale to
Storm force southerly winds will spread to the northern and central
waters today and tonight.
On Tuesday a low center will track north of Haida Gwaii and move onto
the Alaskan Panhandle. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
westerly across the northern and central waters, as well as the
southern offshore waters. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
are expected over the inner South Coast Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: