Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 04 February 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 after midnight then backing to southwest 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 25 to 35 Sunday morning.
Showers ending this evening. Periods of rain Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 04 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 4 February 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Cape St. James
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located from the Central Coast
At 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PST 4 February 2023 A frontal system located from cape St. James to Explorer continues to
track eastward today and tonight. Ahead of this system, gale to storm
force southerly winds have developed across much of the outer waters
from Dixon east to Explorer.
Northwesterly gales will spread from west to east in the wake of the
Another frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday afternoon. South to
southwesterly gales will develop over the northern waters ahead of
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: