Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 August 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 August 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 23 August 2019 A frontal system over Hecate Strait will move southeastward to the
Central Coast by this afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will
continue over central waters this morning ahead of the front.
A trough of low pressure will track eastward across Bowie today
Then reach Hecate Strait by Saturday morning. Strong to gale force
southwesterly or westerly winds will develop over northern waters
As the system crosses the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: