Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 January 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 15 to 25 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 late this morning then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to west 25 to 35 Sunday morning.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 20 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 January 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located over
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Sandspit to
Cape Scott then to Tofino.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 20 January 2018 A frontal system over the offshore waters this morning will move
southeastward to the coastal waters this afternoon then to southern
waters tonight. The system will move out of BC waters Sunday
Morning as it continues tracking southward.
Gale to marginal storm force southeasterly winds over the offshore
waters will spread to northern and central coastal waters this
afternoon then to southern waters tonight. Winds will ease Sunday
morning as the system moves out of the region. Marginal gale force
westerly or northwesterly winds will develop over the offshore
Waters on Sunday in the wake of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: